At University Head and Neck Associates, we specialize in difficult and complex cases involving the head and neck. We combine leading edge research with access to the most advanced diagnostic and minimally invasive treatment methods available, and are able to bring a unique and experienced perspective to even the most difficult head and neck problems.
"Head and Neck" means we apply our expertise to everything from the clavicles up to the brain. Specifically, we concentrate on the complete diagnosis and treatment of:
- Head and neck cancers and tumors, such as cancer of the parotid gland or other salivary glands, thyroid and parathyroid glands, lip, skin, tongue, sinuses, voice box, jaw, face, and neck with a special expertise in the surgical treatment of aggressive cases.
- Complete ear, nose, throat, and facial reconstruction and rehabilitation, surgical and traumatic scar revision, and
- Restoration of speech, swallowing, chewing, and breathing.
Our physicians have completed post-residency fellowship training in head and neck and skull base tumor resection, rhinology, and laryngology. This level of qualification gives us a one-of-a-kind insight into state-of-the-art, minimally invasive procedures. Our wide experience includes:
- endoscopic and endonasal management and resection of pituitary tumors,
- juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibromas,
- clival chordomas,
- carcinomas, and
- inverting papillomas.
We also perform endoscopic resection of Zenker's diverticulum and laryngeal lesions, including cancers that used to be resected by massive operations. Furthermore, our experience with sentinel lymph node biopsy techniques will make more radical neck dissections much less likely for the patient.
We feel no patient should be rushed to the operating room. We treat each patient and their unique values and concerns so that they can make an educated and comfortable decision on their treatment. We perform procedures with minimal discomfort, such as office-based endoscopic biopsies and fine needle aspirations. These techniques help our patients have confidence they have chosen the right course of treatment for their particular situation.
The absolute best ethical treatment course is always our priority for each and every patient that gives us the opportunity to help in their care.